Friday, October 05, 2007

Patrik Stefan retires from hockey

Patrik Stefan has officially ended his hockey career. Stefan had signed with SC Bern this summer, but after 3 games, he has retired immediately due to chronic injuries. The former no. 1 pick of the 1999 NHL Entry Draft played 455 games, scoring 66 goals and 127 assists with the Atlanta Thrashers and Dallas Stars. "It is hard to make this decision at 27 years old. Nevertheless, I knew that once the time would come, I must make it. But all physicians assured me that it was better for my health, if I carry out this step now." Source

According to various sources, Radek Martinek has signed a three-year extension with the New York Islanders. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Matt Nickerson, who was cut from the Dallas Stars training camp, has signed with Ässät Pori in Finland. Source

No comments: