Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Emery being shopped?

According to Slapshot.ch, Ray Emery may be shopped. Emery is currently out with a wrist injury, while the Senators are riding on the hot hand of backup Martin Gerber. The Swiss article seems to be focusing on Emery's off-ice activities as basis for these rumours, so take it for what it's worth. Source

St. Louis are willing to buy out Petr Cajanek, however, they want SC Bern to pay the amount. Bern GM Sven Leuenberger wants to add Cajanek as a replacement to the retired Patrik Stefan. The two parties are still discussing options. Source

Another Scott Niedermayer update...or non-update. In an interview with the OC Register, Niedermayer is looking forward to the Stanley Cup banner unveiling Wednesday night, and it has him thinking about his future: Source

"Yeah, I'm in quite a different situation than I've ever been before," Niedermayer said. "To be able to go there and be a part of putting that banner up to the ceiling, to be there to support everybody who was part of that, is a great moment. I knew it was going to be a big moment, going back to the rink, There will be some different feelings on my part, as to what the future holds."

"I'm going to have to make a decision sooner or later. I don't have a time frame. It's hard for me to judge 'soon' — within two weeks, or two months. I don't know exactly what 'soon' means. I hope the sooner the better, but there still could be some time here."

No comments: