Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hockey and NHL Rumors for Oct 21, 2010

According to TSN, Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray is upset with his team's performance this season and is not afraid to make changes. "I've talked to a number of people, as I said," Murray said. "I talked to (Minnesota Wild general manager) Chuck Fletcher for a long time yesterday and said, 'can I help you, you help me' type of thing, so we're talking to management of other teams, trying to find if there is a need and possibility of making a move."  Brochu's take:  Stay tuned.  Murray is looking to shake up the roster and a trade is definitely possible.  Source

The Nashville Predators have signed forward Steve Begin to a one-year, two-way contract.  He has been subsequently put on waivers.

The Preds also placed forward Jamie Lundmark on waivers.

Brochu's European rumor roundup:

Forward Owen Nolan has signed a month-long contract with Swiss club ZSC Lions.  Source

No comments: