Monday, January 14, 2008

Tanguay for Jokinen, Ryder for Mueller?

It's definitely trading season, and there are tons of rumours today:

TSN's Bob McKenzie on the segment "Insider Trading" speculates that the Calgary Flames need some stability in the centre position and could trade Alex Tanguay to the Florida Panthers for Olli Jokinen. Source

Radio station CJCR 1150 AM, based in Gatineau, Quebec, is reporting a rumour of the Montreal Canadiens sending forward Michael Ryder and a 4th round draft pick to the Phoenix Coyotes for Peter Mueller.

Peter Forsberg will begin skating in 2-3 weeks and is optimistic that he will play this season. Forsberg added that he could also elect to finish the season with Swedish team Modo instead. "I'm not going to retire today, I'm going to check with the doctors to see one more time what can be done. They should be able to fix it. I don't want it to be any major procedures, if it's a small thing they can fix, I'll be okay, if not I think I'll let it be. It's looking pretty dark." Foppa said. Source

The Toronto Maple Leafs organization is at a complete mess right now, with speculation rampant that GM John Ferguson Jr. is on his last legs. TSN is reporting that the Leafs have contacted former Leafs GM Cliff Fletcher if he was interested in an interim GM job. Source

The Buffalo Sabres and defenseman Brian Campbell have ended contract negotiations and will not negotiate until the end of the season.
"I'm done talking about it with the team until the end of the year," Campbell said in HSBC Arena. "There's more important things right now than just me. We've got to win. "I think it's for the best." This will most certainly mean that Campbell will be traded, as there are several teams looking for a puck-moving defenseman. Source

No comments: